This simple ground beef recipe has an extra appeal with the addition of sweet and sour flavors.
Christy Horn - Recipe Contest 3rd Place Winner
- 1⁄2 c dry bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 c thrive instant milk, prepared
- 1 T thrive iodized salt
- 1⁄2 t worcestershire sauce
- 1 thrive whole egg, prepared
- 1⁄2 c thrive brown sugar, packed
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 cn pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1⁄3 c vinegar
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1⁄8 c thrive red & green bell peppers
- 2 c thrive ground beef, rehydrated (or 1 lb hamburger)
- 1⁄8 c thrive chopped onions
* Mix hamburger, dry bread crumbs, instant milk, onions, salt, worcestershire sauce, and egg together; shape into twenty 1 1/2" sized balls.
* Place in skillet and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until brown (about 20 minutes)
bake in an ungreased 9x13" pan at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until light brown.
* Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in a skillet. Stir in pineapple, juice, vinegar, and soy sauce.
* Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, then add meatballs and peppers.
* Cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.