Thank you for spreading the word about Food Storage Tools.
by Shelfreliance Staff on Oct 16 2009
in Desserts Quick & Easy
It's tough to find new cookies that don't taste like all the rest. Lemon extract and cornmeal make for a rare and tasty treat in this recipe.
Calculate recipe for Servings
1 t thrive baking powder
3⁄4 c thrive white sugar
1⁄4 t thrive iodized salt
1 thrive whole egg, prepared
1 1⁄2 c thrive white flour
1 t lemon extract
1⁄2 c raisins or craisins
1⁄2 c thrive cornmeal
3⁄4 c butter, softened
*Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
* Cream together the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and lemon extract. Blend well.
* In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and flour.
* Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine. Stir in raisins/craisins.
* Drop batter by teaspoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until the cookie bottoms are lightly browned.
* Let cookies cool for 2 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack.