|No-Knead Bread - Finished Loaf (294068096) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Jessie Evans Smith's 90 minute Bread
Recipe is from Bobbie Poppleton
4 cups warm water
1 1/3 cups instant dry milk
4 tsp salt
4 Tbsp melted shortening or oil ( I used oil)
4 Tbsp yeast (4 packets)
8 Tbsp sugar
9 to 11 cups flour
1 egg beaten
- Put yeast in 1 cup warm water and set aside.
- To remaining water, add dry milk, shortening, salt and sugar.
- Stir in beaten egg, adding egg slowly and stirring vigorously.
- Add yeast to the mixture and stir in 3 cups of flour.
- Add remaining flour and knead until dough is soft. more flour will have to be added, until the bread dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl with kneading. ( I did this in my KitchenAid Mixer).
- Divide into four parts.
- Knead each piece for about 1 minute.
- Form into a loaf and let raise in greased loaf pans, until doubled (about 20-30 minutes).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Delicious and Easy!
Makes 4 beautiful loaves!